Chief Executive Officer
Background of Momiji Health Care Society:
Momiji means maple in Japanese and, just as the maple is most beautiful in the fall, our autumn years can be brilliant too. Momiji’s philosophy of care is based on respect, dignity, and independence for our seniors.
Momiji Health Care Society is a not-for-profit charitable organization whose objective is to assist seniors, primarily those of Japanese Canadian descent, to live independently in their own homes, either at Momiji residence or in the community by arranging for services. These services focus on maximizing the seniors’ independence, health, and personal growth to enrich their quality of life.
Position Summary: Momiji is seeking a visionary Chief Executive to provide and inspire leadership to achieve Momiji’s mission and mandate and to respond to the emerging needs of our key stakeholders. We are looking for a leader who will build and enhance the profile of Momiji with stakeholders through active communication, fundraising and outreach to magnify our position as a leader in independent living for seniors.
Chief Executive Officer
||Momiji Health Care Society
|Posting Start Date:
- Support the Momiji Board of Directors to develop and regularly review a Strategic Plan which responds to emerging issues and priorities of seniors in the community.
- Assume primary executive responsibility for implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Establish and maintain excellent programs and services which meet the identified needs of seniors and which reflect Best Practices in elder care
- Provide leadership to the business operations of the Momiji Health Care Society, ensuring sound financial, administration and human resources management.
- Lead and inspire Momiji’s diverse workforce through inclusion, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of effective policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in development and delivery of a Quality Improvement Plan and guide Accreditation activities.
- Champion the needs and priorities of Momiji with government departments, funders, donors, and other supporters.
- Foster a safe, respectful, harassment-free environment for seniors, staff, and volunteers.
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with tenants, their families, seniors in the community, staff, volunteers, partner agencies and other similar organizations.
- Represent and be the public face of Momiji Health Care Society at community events.
- A relevant university degree in business, social or health sciences, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years recent related senior management experience, ideally serving seniors in the health sector, housing, or social services.
- Effective leadership skills in fiscal management, strategic planning, accreditation process, and program and staff development.
- Ability to provide sound financial leadership and accountability in a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a government funded organization and to meet reporting and accountability requirements.
- Ability to apply practices, principles and legislative requirements related to community care, human rights, occupational health and safety, and employment standards.
- Ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors of a not for profit or charity.
- Sound understanding of the cornerstones of a health charity including fundraising, volunteer development, program development and delivery, marketing, and financial management.
- Broad knowledge of issues concerning elder care and the integration of services into the community.
- Strong leadership, consultation, conflict resolution, stakeholder relations and negotiating skills.
Momiji provides a competitive benefits package and the salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate.
- Exceptional visionary and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with attention to detail, when communicating both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills and ability to serve as Momiji’s spokesperson.
- Strong administrative, managerial, and financial oversight skills with knowledge of current Quality Improvement programs and practices.
- Ability to guide Momiji on its accreditation journey.
- Demonstrated ability and awareness in dealing with culturally sensitive issues.
- Ability to understand the Japanese culture.
- Ability to speak the Japanese language is an asset.
For more information about Momiji visit the website at: https://momiji.on.ca/
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to:
Paul Dowling & Associates
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. October 13, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||This listing expires on: 10/15/2023